Hello, I’m Rachel! I am thrilled you are on this mom life journey with me. While I can tell you that I am a Chinese-American mom and lifestyle blogger and I can show you all my fabulous finds, travel mementos, and delicious meals, there is more to me than what the Insta pics show. I am much more than a NYC mom blogger.
I started this blog because I wanted to share my life as a mom who also works full-time in the fashion industry with other women. Sharing my experiences as a NYC working mom is both cathartic and helpful – for you and for me. We can learn from one other. I hope you gain inspiration from each picture and each blog post.
Let’s Go Beyond the Pictures!
Do you remember when you were in school and chain letters (or emails) went around? The sort of thing where one friend listed 25 random things about herself and then asked ten friends to do the same? Well, I kind of miss that type of connection.
With social media, we get to see all the glossy and filtered images of one another’s lives, but as a social media influencer, I’ve come to realize that many of my followers and readers do not know much about me beyond what the pictures show. It’s important for me to show you who I really am. So, today I’m putting myself out here for the whole internet to see.
15 Things That Might Surprise You About Me
1. I spend all day on my feet while I work in fashion. Since I am on my feet all day, I am constantly aware of the shoes I am wearing. This should explain why shoes mean everything to me. I adore shoes – the more stylish, the better. *Bonus points if you realized this is the reason for the name of my blog.
2. No one is ever able to guess my real age. A lady never tells, right? 😉
3. I'm the youngest of 3. And I have two girls of my own - Madison & Olivia.
4. I have been married for nine years.
5. I'm Bilingual! I can speak both Cantonese and Mandarin along with English.
6. I am the walking definition of a hangry woman. If I am hungry, you better feed me.
7. I’m petite - as in really petite. I am 5 feet on a good day (with the right pair of heels).
8. My favorite things outside of my family are eating and traveling. I’m a total foodie and a wino. As you know by now, I also love telling my readers where they should eat, drink, and visit.
9. I am super hard working, and sometimes I catch myself being a Tiger mom with my girls. What can I say? I’m a cool mom, but I know hard work pays off.
10. My friends will tell you that I am a loyal friend, and they know they can come to me for advice because I am honest and direct. But, they will also tell you that I am impossible to shop for.
11. I'm a workaholic.
12. I do not like cold weather or winters, but New York is worth it to me.
13. Other things I hate: small crowded spaces, ignorant people, and internet trolls.
14. I have a weird phobia of old wallpaper. It creeps me out!
15. Wondering why you never hear me on my Insta stories? It’s because I cannot stand the sound of my own voice!
Anything surprise you? Jump in and tell me some things you wish people knew about you.